Reporting to the General Manager, the Environmental Engineer supports the Company in project work and business development. By applying engineering and interpersonal skills the Environmental Engineer’s principal role is to assist the company in reaching and maintaining technical competence in order to ensure a successful and profitable operation resulting in a satisfied customer and increasing client base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall direction and administration of the assigned projects, effectively managing several activities and projects at one time;
- Interface as required with customer contact and constantly seek opportunities to sell additional services;
- Compile tender bids and manage the tendering process for the company;
- Compile plan of works, method statements, and risk assessments in relation to projects and ensure that these are endorsed by clients and the competent authorities;
- Prepare and submit in a timely fashion all required reports, documents and data required by agencies to meet regulatory compliance obligations;
- Negotiate environmental permits that reflect cost effective process design, reasonable operation constraints, and are consistent with corporate environmental policy and regulatory requirements.
- Leads the implementation of Management Systems for the company together with their auditing and certifications;
- Assist the sales force in preparation of estimates and procedures in planning of projects, with emphasis on technical efficiency;
- Understand proposals and quotes to manage the commercial aspects of project;
- Travel out of country for periods of time to present projects overseas as business needs may require;
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Three years of professional experience in environmental engineering
- Possession of a tertiary level of education in Engineering
- Proficient communication (written and verbal) in both English and Maltese languages
- Possession of a valid driving license
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications