PT Matic Environmental Services Ltd, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Alberta Group of Companies, is rapidly expanding its broad range of activities both in Malta and overseas.
PT Matic is an equal opportunities employer and believes in offering equal opportunities for employment and does not adopt any discriminatory methodologies in the recruitment of personnel for any of the company’s vacant posts, where individuals are selected exclusively based on their qualifications and suitability to the relevant post. Opportunities for career progression and continual professional training are offered to employees equally, no matter their religious belief, disability, age, race or ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation.
We are seeking to employ an Environmental Operator/ Technician to join our team. Reporting to the Operations Manager and Site Supervisor, the job will involve:
1. Coordination, dismantling, collection, stacking and packaging of recyclable materials/ products;
2. Decontamination of related areas;
3. Loading of recyclable material into containers in preparation for shipment;
4. Proper labelling of waste and containers;
5. Use of decontamination equipment, company vehicles and other equipment.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, i.e as operator on a labour-intensive project.
- Able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, and to respond to official questions.
- Own means of transport.
- Readily available to work in Malta (in possession of a valid work permit in case of non-EU nationals).
Experience in the construction industry or hazardous material will be an asset.
Candidates should be able to:
- Perform physical labour associated with environmental clean-up activities, sample collection, waste removal relating to recycling;
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site-specific safety plans when performing recycling activities and wearing protective gear;
- Operate equipment necessary for recycling operations.
Interested candidates are to submit their cv to [email protected]